Removing Decals.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Ritchie

Reaction score
Well, when I finally got around to re-decaling my Orbital Transport (using decals from Excelsior), I muffed it....the long red line down the side of the booster has a nice and oh so obvious curve to it.

Sooooo, I'll be ordering another set to try and redo that part, but my question.....how do you remove dried waterslide decals from a rocket? I've done it on plastic models, no prob, but rockets are made of decidedly more fragile materials and I'm hesitant to go sanding and/or scrubbing away on a paper body tube!

(If you're wondering, the original decals on this model were adhesives that I had printed off JimZ's site. They looked okay, but were prone to peeling).

Any advice is welcomed and I promise to pay closer attention next time......

Re-wet the decals and work them with a brush until they come up. It may take a little time for the water to soak in and soften the glue.

As long as they haven't been sealed with a clear coat, just apply a piece nof scotch tape and pull them off. Works for me every time.

Troy

As long as they haven't been sealed with a clear coat, just apply a piece nof scotch tape and pull them off. Works for me every time.

Troy

Ditt-o;) (Then again, the chase for perfection is a race rarely finished.)

Back