Recommended router bit for fin beveling

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FMarvinS

Reaction score
Hi- I've been looking for a carbide or diamond router bit to use in a table router to make 8 to 15 degree bevels on 3/16th inch thick G10 fins. The ones I found require the router speeds to be 12,000 rpm or slower. However, the speed of the router available to me is 20,000 rpm. I'd appreciate any recommendations about router bits that can be used in a table router to create the required bevels at 20,000 rpm or greater. Please include your experience with the router bit's performance (if known), the bit source, catalog number and if possible, the web page address. Thanks for your consideration & help.

Fred, L2
ICBM member (S.C.)
KG4YGP

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your recommendation. I agree, the Foredom bits are excellent. Unfortunately, their bits require a router speed under 12,000 rpm. So if you know of any equivalent that runs at 20,000 +, I'd be appreciative.

Thanks,
Fred

Thanks Aaron and Justin, you both provided viable options that I can use! Justin, I guess that you used the KB14159 bit (which is 15 degrees) to bevel G10 without problems.

Thanks & Regards,
Fred

I have the same burr, just different manufacturer. I can tell you the green (Coarse) makes really nice bevels but definitely leaves some tool marks. Didn't expect it since the "nubs" are not inline, but it leaves clearly defined grooves, maybe after some use it'll dull/mellow. Should have gone w/the fine..

Wallace,

Thank you for the caveat. I'll follow your advice.

Regards,
Fred

Back