Recommend Me How-To Books For Building Robots

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
I'm going to build a Remote Control Rocket Launch Platform with three Rails on it, similar to the HAWK AAA Launcher.
I'm sketching Ideas out, but I feel quite intimidated by the Project. I would really like to read up on Design Principles and that sort of thing before I get started. I need to learn about Gearing and that sort of thing. The Launcher simply needs to Traverse and Elevate. I was thinking about making my own Gears out of Wood or Plastic, since they are simple to work with, but now I'm considering a Worm Gear for the Drive on the Elevation, and I'm starting to realize that I'm already in over my Head, and I have'nt even begun the Materials Aquisition Phase yet. I'de like to have a solid Design before I begin Construction.
So, can all of you Engineer Types recommend some good Books for me to Study? I know how to use a Multimeter and have a basic understanding of Electronics, having been a 63M(Bradley Mechanic), in the Army.

Thanks in advance for any Input. I've been to Amazon, and they have a lot of stuff, but I don't know which ones are going to be relavent to this Project. I don't want to use Sensors, or build a "Human Like Robot", and a lot of the Books there seem geared toward that type of thing.
Traverse and Elevate, and be mounted in a Box on Wheels or a Box on a Heavy Duty Quadpod.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Links so far guys. There is so much information to absorb.
Seeing some of the Tracked Robots makes me get all sorts of crazy Ideas.

Back