Quick video of my L3 rocket on a L2 motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Loki 76-3600 motor from someone and it came with a Loki L-840 cocktail motor. 2 red grains, 2 blue grains. I finally flew it in my Performer 150 a week ago at BattlePark's last launch of the season. I estimated 2,500 ft. but it actually got to 2,950 ft.
Kenny Allen didn't seem to understand what the motor was...

Last edited:
That’s the performer 150 from his website! I’ve flown my performer 29-S (shortened) a couple times, and it’s a fantastic kit, especially because mines a minimum diameter. And I can’t wait to see ken down in Dalzell next weekend.

Someday I’ll fly Loki, but today is not the day. But someday. And I’ll also add some electronics to my performer and send it!

That’s the performer 150 from his website! I’ve flown my performer 29-S (shortened) a couple times, and it’s a fantastic kit, especially because mines a minimum diameter. And I can’t wait to see ken down in Dalzell next weekend.

Someday I’ll fly Loki, but today is not the day. But someday. And I’ll also add some electronics to my performer and send it!
I didn't realize he still had those pics up on his site. That launch was my L3 cert back on March 29th, 2015.

I wasn't planning a L3 cert in late '14. I still had a lot I wanted to do with my L2 I got in 2009. But LDRS 34 was coming to the east coast at Potter NY and Kenny was introducing his new Performer 150 kit and was offering 33% off on the first 10 sold. I got one of the first kits and got it built and flew my cert so I could fly it again at LDRS 34 that year.

BTW, that Loki motor was the 10th flight on that rocket and only the 2nd commercial motor. I'm thinking it deserves a new paint job before I get to LDRS in Wisconsin this year. It will still be mostly yellow and keep the "Big Bird" name, but I might do something different with the silver. I never liked the way that turned out.

Back