Query about Launch Site Rules

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Edwards

Reaction score
Dear All

A few of us from Northern Ireland were looking at the possibility of starting a rocketry club, and have been consulting a few different people about hiring a launch site.

We've found someone who would be willing to allow us to hire it, but they have just recently put up a wind turbine in the site we were hoping to use. I was wondering what the feelings about having a launch site with one in it - It feels to me a bit like looking for trouble, but others I know have said it might be fine so I was coming here to check.

Daniel

Dear All

A few of us from Northern Ireland were looking at the possibility of starting a rocketry club, and have been consulting a few different people about hiring a launch site.

We've found someone who would be willing to allow us to hire it, but they have just recently put up a wind turbine in the site we were hoping to use. I was wondering what the feelings about having a launch site with one in it - It feels to me a bit like looking for trouble, but others I know have said it might be fine so I was coming here to check.

Daniel
How far away from the launch site is the turbine?
Will the owners of the turbine sign a release form absolving you of liability and allowing you to recover rockets from their turbine blades or will they recover them for you?
When the winds are satisfactory for rocketry the turbine isn’t likely to be in use, if that’s any comfort.
Will your Launches be done under the rules of an organization such as Tripoli or as an independent club?

Back