QCRC club launch April 29th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated to have it the same day as the First Nation Launch, but April was a busy month...
I'll be there eventually. Gotta replace the jack on the club trailer at Tim's, and pick up any orders anyone may have placed. I should be there by 8:30 to start setup.
I might have a rocket to fly. We'll see.

I am flying in on Thursday this week just so I can make it out Saturday morning. Not sure what I'm bringing yet - kind of depends on the weather. I know for sure I've got an L1256 and a K780 that are loaded and waiting to fly, maybe a 54mm like a K550 or K480 - don't remember just now. Anyway, see you all there on Saturday!

Well, if you missed it, you missed a great day. After the light rain moved out, around 9:30-ish, we had a few hours of clear blue sky. And doughnuts for those brave enough to get there early. Honestly I lost track of how many Level 1 and 2 attempts we had today. Some succeeded, others didn't, but everyone learned something new, and I know I had a great time even if I didn't launch the rocket I brought. I guess there's always Mini Midwest to look forward to.

If I have time tonight I'll total up the flight cards and post some numbers.

The other neat thing about all those students there yesterday was we had a very wide representation. Several students were from the east coast, both northern and southern parts, and a couple from the west coast, both southern and northern. Very cool.

Back