Position of Igniter and how to make one?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohinish

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am new to model rocketry and completely do everything on my own.So,got struck at a point

Problem is "Does the position of Igniter really matter ?"

I mean where should we keep the igniter is it at the opening end of motor or else some what deep inside the motor?

Please help e and also tell the science behind it.

Also tell me effective and easy way to make a igniter myself(the match stick and battery way I tried but it's not producing enough spark maybe wrong with battery number and position.Tell me about it please)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AHKHURs1biR9EIqT6gcqRhqv8YpsQkEz/view?usp=sharing

I have been igniting it from end all these days and then it lifted up went over and landed everything's good but I can see the motor still burning for a few seconds like 10-15 seconds after it dropped down.(just throwing out some gas)

So,I was thinking I should start igniting from the top of Motor like SHOVE IT ALL THE WAY UP.
But,does this really change anything?
Please help me

First of all ,I am absolute beginner.In my country I dont even have access to Commercial Model Rocket Motor.So,you can imagine what else I have.I don't have launch stand,igniter system anything.I barely learned everything from internet and built it using PVC pipe and 3D printed rocket body.

So,I got succeeded to make it fly and my next target is to make it go further higher and deploy parachute.

Speaking of ignition after even rocket landed please watch this video and tell me your views.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AHKHURs1biR9EIqT6gcqRhqv8YpsQkEz/view?usp=sharing

Please do copy above link and watch the video

By the way again this is a homemade sugar motor with sugar and kno3.
I don't have any commercial model rocket equipment of any company selling in my Country.So, this is the only way.

Ummmm.... Yes, put the ignitor at the top of the core. Try nichrome or stainless safety wire for ignitors, with a 12v battery. Don't blow yourself up.

This thread should probably be closed. If you are not an American I don’t believe you have access to the Restricted Section where this sort of discussion belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back