Piotr Tendera's TSP Motors from Poland

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this statement is true as it stands, regardless of competition purposes or for general model rocketry. Klima has some very nice motors like a full D in the standard 18/70 size (Estes A/B/C) and also long burners like C2 and D3 in the same size. And they are cheaper in Germany than equivalent Estes motors in the US ... Reliability may be an issue, but personally I've never had any problems with Estes, Klima, TSP, more obscure 40-year old Eastern European motors. The "worst" motors are old (>10 years) Aerotechs, which are quite common in Europe unfortunately.

I do get the impression that if European motors like Klima or TSP are 1.4S, they can be shipped to the US pretty easily and as long as they are below 62.5 g (which they all are) they are not Hazmat either, and would "only" require NAR certification? I must be missing something, that sounds too easy.

Oliver
Only motors with 30 grams propellant or less in the US are classified as 1.4S and can be shipped non-hazmat via USPS.

Back