Pat6 (6" Patriot)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonH

Reaction score
I get bored. A lot. I design rockets. A lot. Here is my latest idea and design: a 6" scale M104 Patriot missile.

80" tall
75mm motor mount
Dual Deploy
Main chute in the nose
Glassed phenolic tubes

Enjoy, and I would appreciate any feedback! View attachment Pat6.ork

Hey Mason,here is a 3 fin Patriot gone bad...sorta. 98mm with three 1/2" rings screwed to the airframe.
6" Phenolic with one wrap of 6 or 7 oz..West Systems.
Dual deploy..nosecone is bulk headed.
Fins were ordered over the phone but Frank sent me for 54mm so I went with the look.
primer is being sanded off and primed white soon.
I would like to do a 75mm motor mount and cluster canister like the 54mm 2550 in the picture but maybe with Blue Tube if it's compatible
3FNC!.JPG

3FNC!!!.JPG

Is it stable? My main concern with my design is that on larger M motors and all the epoxy and reinforcement in the rear, it will be unstable or marginally stable at best.

Actually this was designed for not more than an Aerotech 98mm 2 grain casing.
The motor mount was made solid and slid into the airframe before screwing.fin to fin 6oz glassing,and fins were tacked with flexible 5min epoxy instead of CA.
4 fillets for every fin to finish the airframe (2 under 2 above.(Coloidal Silica)
I haven't done weights or balance yet,
I wanted to do some kind of weight chamber by drilling into the nosecone bulkhead and adding a 38mm tube.

To Do: Get a height measurement and a weight on a newly found Postal scale that my brother had.

John Stitz

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back