OPENROCKET- discontinuity in body

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGL

Reaction score
"Warning: Discontinuity in rocket body diameter"

That continues to display even after manually matching the deminsions of two body tubes, so I deleted everything, loaded a tube from the database and the warning is still there with just this tube in the design so far.

For some reason I've had this same error, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems, so I just ignore it. Unless anybody can find an actual reason for this, I say we just chalk it up to a minor glitch. :)

Check nosecone to body tube. Sometimes they don't match up quite right; I match the nose to the body tubes rather than the other way around.

"Warning: Discontinuity in rocket body diameter"

That continues to display even after manually matching the deminsions of two body tubes, so I deleted everything, loaded a tube from the database and the warning is still there with just this tube in the design so far.

Check the OD of the Nosecone as well...

Hi,

This warning appears also if the initial radius is not zero (i.e. you don't start with a nose cone). This is because the Barrowman methods assume the body to be smooth and start with a nose cone.

Cheers,
Sampo N.

This warning appears also if the initial radius is not zero (i.e. you don't start with a nose cone). This is because the Barrowman methods assume the body to be smooth and start with a nose cone.

Is it feasible to extend the error message in a way to indicate the location where the error occurs (eg. at "distance from nose tip", or between "part x and y")? This would make it easier to debug complex designs.

Reinhard

Back