OpenRocket 3D "Photo Studio" application

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkuker

Reaction score
I'm starting to work on a feature, or possibly companion app, for OpenRocket where you can take your models and create renderings that are more "pretty" and "fun" than the schematic 3d view available in the standard edit window.

I'm just going to leave this imgur album of pictures I made with it here, and see what you all have to suggest.

I love the idea bkuker! This sounds like a great add on to Open Rocket and I would definitely use it. :cool:

Very, very nice. I agree the smoke needs tweaking, particularly with larger volumes, but everything else is brilliant. Would love to try it out.

I'm starting to work on a feature, or possibly companion app, for OpenRocket where you can take your models and create renderings that are more "pretty" and "fun" than the schematic 3d view available in the standard edit window.

I'm just going to leave this imgur album of pictures I made with it here, and see what you all have to suggest.
Bill
Do you have some source code available to play with?
Boris

I've re-done the smoke and flames. The album has some examples of the new stuff.

Boris, the code is on my GitHub. I try to push pretty often.

Nice! Although I'd be happy just to get OR's 3D graphics working. On one Mac (with the older Java) decals don't render correctly half the time, and on the other 3D graphics don't work at all (due to a bug in the newer version of Java).

Nice! Although I'd be happy just to get OR's 3D graphics working. On one Mac (with the older Java) decals don't render correctly half the time, and on the other 3D graphics don't work at all (due to a bug in the newer version of Java).

The latest builds with JOGL 2 have resumed working for me.

A new version of OR should be released soon, which will include the new libraries. Primarily bug fixes, no significant new features. In the meanwhile you can use the version linked above if the regular version doesn't work for you.

Cheers,
Sampo N.

DANG! Pretty soon there will be no need to build or launch rockets at all, it will all be done in the vitual world.

Good job man!

bkuker,

It really look cool. I am just a new user of OpenRocket and would greatly like to use your 3D photo studio in to edit my stuff. I just download 13.05 version this week on my MacBook Pro. My question is, doest your photo studio come separately? If so, where can I get it? If you are still working on it, please let me know if it will be on the next release of OpenRocket and when are we expecting it.

Thnx

Back