Open Rocket file for AGM-65 Maverick

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul.nortness

Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anyone have decent Open Rocket file with dimensions for a 2.6" AGM-65 Maverick?

Here's my TLP Maverick with some mods like fiberglassed body and fins and a baffle which you can delete as needed.

Nice ! I remember seeing this pic. posted before ,and thinking "man ,that`s a nice color scheme" of a test round and looking it up on the web.

Now I know who it was.....very nice indeed !!

Regards

Paul t

So you just overrode the final rockets mass and CG not the individual parts? Just be aware of that... it won't effect the CP shown but of course the CG won't change unless you uncheck the CG override.

So you just overrode the final rockets mass and CG not the individual parts?

On bigger rockets (read more expensive), I weigh and measure everything for the Rocksim model. On smaller rockets like this I tend to start with everything close to get me in the ballpark in calculating noseweight, etc. and then when done just use the Rocksim CP and overall measured CG inserted as override.

Nice ! I remember seeing this pic. posted before ,and thinking "man ,that`s a nice color scheme" of a test round and looking it up on the web.

Now I know who it was.....very nice indeed !!

Thanks. Not quite as good as it looks from afar, but a nice approximation of the real thing. Nice flyer too!

attachment-3.jpg

attachment-5.jpg

Here's a Maverick I just created using the basic dimensions from dixon's rkt file.

I used an ogive shaped transition for the nose and then topped it with a custom ellipsoid "nose cone" (the nose cone is actually a clear lens made out of the same material used by scale modelers to vacu-form aircraft canopies). The transition holds a scratch built IR seeker head that will be visible through the lens.

The simulations look pretty decent. I am getting over 300 feet on a D12 and over 700 on a E30

View attachment AGM-65B.ork

Back