Only 98 days until July 4th, so I of course had my fireworks stash delivered already. Anyone else into putting on pyro shows?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only it were legal here.......

But that doesn't stop folks from making runs down to South of the Border and slipping back north Dukes of Hazard style on the back roads. The piece of my neighborhood just a few streets over spends some serious coin. Cops don't really seem to care, as long as things don't catch on fire.

Did a small show for the family every July 4 for 20+ years. Started with just a few cakes and shells in the 90s, grew to 40-odd cakes, a dozen fountains, and a 5-gallon Cremora pot or two. Consumer shells are a royal pain for a show unless you have a lot of mortars.

Fireworks are legal where I live, but we have a small yard. Fountains and 200g cakes are safe and I'll light a few with my son. I used to do professional displays all season long, but I think those days are behind me now.

I used to with the first family. Everyone enjoyed it. I enjoyed doing it. After the big D I just never got back into it. Also with the changing of laws and kinds that are "lawful" it's just not the same.

Back