OMG! OMG! We have a new Hobby Lobby!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Right at the north end of Port Huron about 15 mile from my house.

I scored big time too!

Plastic models 1/2 off! I got an Atomic City Mercury Capsule for $32!

I kept going to my car, coming back in and grabbing another 40% off coupon (they had them at the door!)

I got 3 packs of E9-6's and a fresh supply of Alumilite Resin all for 40% OFF!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No rocket kits...I had to quit sometime...I'll wait 'till they're 1/2 off.

I was tempted to grab a Scissor wing for $11 or a Canadian Arrow for $12

That Alumilite Resin for 40% is sure a great deal!

(I just did the same thing)

Edward

OK, Gordon, slow down and take a deep breath.
And again.
And again.
Feeling OK?
Heart rate coming back down?
Less light headed?
Good.
Big day, huh? :D
I'm so happy for you. :)
The nearest store to us is moving to a larger location soon.
Waiting with baited breath.

Greg

Note to myself, as well as others (some listed here): It is sort of frightening to see how little it takes to make us get excited. A good sale at HobLob ....

That being said, they have picture matte board on sale this week. You can get a 32 x 40 sheet for around $3. That's a LOT of CRs, like a lifetime supply, or you could cut the mother-of-all-pyramid rockets out of that sheet. The matte sheets come in many colors, including bright reds and yellows (on one side) and you could leave those colors on the 'show' side of some new flying creation.

Matte board is about 1/16th thick and nicely absorbs water-based glues, CA, and thin epoxy. You can also paint it with MinWax wood hardener to toughen up broad areas. It is light enough to not cause problems and it is strong enough to work just fine in low-power and mid-power rockets.

Maybe I SHOULD buy some stock in that company?

Originally posted by powderburner
Note to myself, as well as others (some listed here): It is sort of frightening to see how little it takes to make us get excited. A good sale at HobLob ....snip

As long as we don't start slobbering and blowing spit bubbles, it's all good. :D

Greg

Back