nose wieght?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titan

Reaction score
Im on the right track with regards to securing the nose wieght, what I want to make sure of is how much. my pml tethys cp is 41" from the tip of the nose, I tried to put equal wieght in the casing to be comprable to an I161w and I know that the cg point should be at least 4 in forward of the cp (tethys is a 4" rocket)but should it be at the balance point or more than four inches forward?

thanks, bob

Hi Bob:

I think you may want to consider adjustable weighting. I have several rockets that can fly many size casings due to the fact that I can add or take away nose weight with the use of flat washers. Basically I epoxy in a bulkhead into the nose with a small piece of 1/4" threaded rod and nut assembly drilled in the center of the bulkhead. From there I just loosen the nut and either add or subtract flat washers to achieve my CG.
Hope that helps.............

The length of the Tethys will allow you at least 2 calibers (BT Diameters) in front of CP, if not more. Dialing CG in that close is great, but not absolutely necessary. I have successfully flown many long rockets (like the Tethys) in where the CG was 2-3 calibers forward of CP and they flew straight as an arrow.

I like that idea! any way to add a pic so I can get the full visual:D

thanks, bob

Back