• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nose Cones, Body Tubes, & Launch Pad..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgs Flyer

Reaction score
Downsizing due to an upcoming move & all this is available (shipping not included, but if interested, PM me with name & mailing address to calculate shipping

UPDATES OF WHAT'S LEFT......just the LOC 7.51" Nose Cone & the Aerotech Mantis Launch Pad.

LOC 7.51" diameter Nose Cone..NEW.. 22" exposed + 4 3/4" shoulder, 26 3/4" total..............$65

Aerotech "Mantis" launch pad..used, but it's assembled!!......$40..STILL AVAILABLE, Buyer flaked out, even after sending paypal payment
Rod not included (available from hardware)
accomodates 1/8", 3/16", & 1/4" rods

LOC 3.9"....12 3/4" + shoulder...used, white paint, Patriot "Scud Buster" decals...$12 SOLD

LOC 54 mm 9 1/2" + shoulder..used/ black paint...........$9 SOLD

Estes Phoenix NC BT-80/ 2.6" NEW..8 1/4" + shoulder...3 Available.......$8 each ALL SOLD

Estes Sidewinder NC + shoulder...fits BT-55..NEW..............$4 SOLD

Body Tubes...NEW....All 34" long >>>ALL REMAINING BODY TUBES BOUGHT BY ONE GUY<<<

BT-80 (2.6").......6 available.......$5 each ALL SOLD

BT-70.....6 available......$3 each SOLD

BT-60.....2 available......$2.75 each SOLD

BT-55....6 available......$2.each SOLD

BT-50... 2 available......$1.60 each SOLD

BT-20....3 available.... $1.40 each ALL SOLD

BT-5......5 available.....$1.20 each SOLD

**SonoTube, fits LOC 7.51 NC perfectly...29" long......$4

Aerotech "Mantis" launch pad..used, but it's assembled!!......$40..STILL AVAILABLE, Buyer flaked out, even after sending paypal payment
Rod not included (available from hardware)
accomodates 1/8", 3/16", & 1/4" rods

Paypal preferred.

Thanks for looking,
Richard Hickok NAR#74359 L1, member MDRA (Maryland Delaware Rocketry Association)

Last edited:
To Neuport/ Cary.....sorry the message came through blank. The meat of the message was that 3 of the BT-70s are spoken for.

Cool. Best of luck with your move, I know what a hassle it can be. Everytime I move I get tired of packing and end up throwing/giving away valuable stuff.

I sent you PM, but in case that didn't get through, weather permitting, I'm planning on hitting the sod for the next launch.

They are the Estes WEIGHT tubes.....probably from BMS since they are 34". At least that would be my guess

What is the difference in the WEIGHT type BT 80 tubes from standard Estes BT 80's like used in the old Phoenix, Silver Comet, etc..? Thank you!

I PMed him that they were .021" wall thickness (those are BMS) which according to ninfinger is what Estes is, like Phoenix etc. And I assured him they 34" long, not any of those Estes 14.2" twin-paks or 18 inchers.

What is the difference in the WEIGHT type BT 80 tubes from standard Estes BT 80's like used in the old Phoenix, Silver Comet, etc..? Thank you!
What I was referring to was the type of tube being that of the Estes tubes, only not from Estes. Not really anything about the weight at all, but like Higgs said, same thickness. I was probably a little confusing there, sorry.

OK- Tubes received albeit a bit on the ovally side thanks to Ave Ventura USPS shipping. I think they took the bright orange "Crushable" sticker to heart and decided, "Oh, great, this box is Crushable!" I think I can salvage enough for my projects, though. They were a nice 34" long but probably have about 24" usable length now.

2012-09-07_13-39-43_807.jpg2012-09-07_13-39-30_482.jpg2012-09-07_13-39-00_148.jpg

OK- Tubes received albeit a bit on the ovally side thanks to Ave Ventura USPS shipping. I think they took the bright orange "Crushable" sticker to heart and decided, "Oh, great, this box is Crushable!" I think I can salvage enough for my projects, though. They were a nice 34" long but probably have about 24" usable length now.

View attachment 96239View attachment 96240View attachment 96241

I'm so sorry to see the shape of the tubes after the trip. I'm gonna paypal you back $5.00, the cost of one of the tubes. Before shipping, I'd thought from DC to Idaho is a long distance & I hope they make it. With "Crushable" or "Fragile", I've wondered if sometimes, if that just encourages them.

Thanks for the partial refund Richard, great transaction all around if not for USPS using the box as a ramp into the truck. I'd definitely buy from you again, no worries. Thanks again! Dave.

Recieved my tubes and easter egg without any problems or damage. Thanks. Up-front seller. I have done busines with Richard before and always has come through on what he sells. Good prices as well. If I have deeper pockets I would buy more.
Massrokit

Back