NFPA Regulations By State

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyfire

Piled Higher and Deeper
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this in the RCR thread but I think it'll get lost in the bloviating, and it's something that's bugged me for a while. Lots of people (me included) toss around statements along the lines of this:

IIRC, Alabama is an NFPA state.
How does one go about determining whether a state has incorporated NFPA 1127 into law? Does NFPA manage a list, or do you have to dig into the regulations state-by-state?

I know, e.g., California has its own byzantine system of regulations for rockets which precludes NFPA regulation, but what about others?

thanks!

I posted this in the RCR thread but I think it'll get lost in the bloviating, and it's something that's bugged me for a while. Lots of people (me included) toss around statements along the lines of this:

How does one go about determining whether a state has incorporated NFPA 1127 into law? Does NFPA manage a list, or do you have to dig into the regulations state-by-state?

I know, e.g., California has its own byzantine system of regulations for rockets which precludes NFPA regulation, but what about others?

thanks!
What is NFPA and why do you ask.

https://www.iccsafe.org/gr/documents/stateadoptions.pdf lists international code adoptions by state. The IFC column is international fire code, which includes nfpa 1122, 1125, and 1127. Fred, somebody might want to know this because he wants to know what is legal in his state. The NAR and TRA codes describe safe launch practices. The fire codes may define storage requirements and other things not in the NAR/TRA safety codes.

https://www.iccsafe.org/gr/documents/stateadoptions.pdf lists international code adoptions by state. The IFC column is international fire code, which includes nfpa 1122, 1125, and 1127. Fred, somebody might want to know this because he wants to know what is legal in his state. The NAR and TRA codes describe safe launch practices. The fire codes may define storage requirements and other things not in the NAR/TRA safety codes.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks much, Kevin!

Makes sense thank you sir.

"Bloviating" - What an awesome word! Thanks, David, you've just given me a good word to put on my son's spelling list next semester. :)

Kevin - Thanks for posting that; very handy reference, and an important and relevant one, too!

-Kevin

Back