New scratch build, the Jersey Bomber

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this really turned out GREAT!! beautiful job!

My son doesn't like the green mascot on the pink, but I think he looks cool. Mark sent some extra decals, so I put one of the mascot on the back. Overall I'm very happy with this one. It was a fast, easy, fun build.

I like it! I like it a lot!

You do always make great looking clips Jim, I`ve seen none nicer !

You could probably sell those ,as a lot of people just cannot or will not make them for whatever reason.Those you make look solid and light and plain well made.

Nice !

Paul T

+1

Every step of your builds exude craftsmanship.

Thanks guys! I haven't had one of my clips fail me yet, knock on wood.

www.Captain`s Clips.com

***not to be confused with Kaplow Klips LOL

Paul t

Oh no! I don't want to get into manufacturing anything. For the same reason I never sold any of the pens I made. If it becomes a job, it would take all the fun out of it.

That looks good! It that some sort of clip that you modified?

Yes. I bought a 50 count bag of steel wire straps with a single hole similar to the one pictured but less curve in it. I flatten them in a vice grip and reshape to my liking. Then Dremel away any extra I don't need. They were pretty inexpensive at ACE Hardware. I also get the Tee Nuts & screws from there. These straps have no ridges or writing on them. They're just "plain jane's."

wire strap.jpg

Oh no! I don't want to get into manufacturing anything. For the same reason I never sold any of the pens I made. If it becomes a job, it would take all the fun out of it.

You are 100 % correct my friend ,when a hobby turns into a job, the fun can be lost and lost quickly.

I did a commision job (1/48 scale plastic model A-10 warthog) and it turned out to be a chore and not fun at all ,then the guy didn`t want it ,as he changed his mind and wanted an F-18D :facepalm:

I kept the A-10 and told him to go buy and build his own stuff !!

Cheers

paul t

bumped this back up :) I for one have a mega mosquito to upscale .. so spent am looking for 3"or 4" nose cone :santa-smile::santa-smile:

currently doing the external filets on my 4" , thanks for the file made fin work easy :)

nose cone will be 4" FG probably from Performance Hobbies ... wife suggested making the whole thing from Fiberglass .. wait that was me lol

I'd love to see yours. Do you have a build thread?

no build thread didn't even take pictures was a quick build

14 3/4" 4" loc tube mm is 38mm
plywood is closer to 3/16 Home depot birch , I didn't have enough of the good woodcraft 1/4 birch

will swap photo later today I have one more fin to go on Mega Mosquito :)

4 inch build dec 30.jpg

Back