New life for an old friend. An SLS Hustler Clone.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you need a lathe...

Sounds like I need a friend with a lathe that I can send blocks to with money attached and he'll return the nose cones minus the money!! :lol: :wink:

I need a 2.6 to 3 inch transition with no shoulder on the 3 inch side and a no shoulder 3 inch NC that is about 12 inches long.
Or the same thing in a 54mm to 2.6"
Or the same thing in a 38mm to 54mm

I have about six various scratchers I want to do and all use the Semroc 'Tau Zero' type nose cone. But its so expensive to have custom ones made I figure maybe I can jury rig something like it using stock transistions and nose cones...

Sounds like I need a friend with a lathe that I can send blocks to with money attached and he'll return the nose cones minus the money!! :lol: :wink:

I need a 2.6 to 3 inch transition with no shoulder on the 3 inch side and a no shoulder 3 inch NC that is about 12 inches long.
Or the same thing in a 54mm to 2.6"
Or the same thing in a 38mm to 54mm

I have about six various scratchers I want to do and all use the Semroc 'Tau Zero' type nose cone. But its so expensive to have custom ones made I figure maybe I can jury rig something like it using stock transistions and nose cones...

Now that would be a good friend indeed! I don't know, I might consider it if you were local and came to clean up the mess afterwards... :tongue:

No, I'm not ready to go into production. It would be a job, and take all the fun out of it. I already have a job. Besides, I don't have time to finish my own projects, let alone someone else's! But I will say, that Tau Zero nose cone is very cool!

Well I think in my humble opinion I did it. I gave new life to an old friend. Big 70 is now Big 70 Reloaded. I shouldn't call it a Hustler though I admit it's a pretty close ripoff. I'll post another picture when I get the name cut out... but for now... as Captain Low n Slow says, "I like it. I like it a lot!"

2013-10-22-Hustler-0001.jpg

2013-10-22-Hustler-0002.jpg

2013-10-22-Hustler-0003.jpg

Back