Need source for 1.90" airframe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Rocket

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for 1.90" OD, 1.80" ID airframe tubing like the material Aerotech uses for the airframes of the Mustang, Arreaux and other rockets. Seems like Vaughn Brothers used to carry(?)/ produce(?) it.

Discount Rocketry (www.discountrocketry.com) has the couplers, bulkheads, nosecones, etc., but their website has been showing the airframe tubing as being out of stock for over a year now. I cannot find anyone else that sells it. Not even Aerotech. I hate to buy an entire kit just to bash it for the air frame.

Thank you for any information anyone can offer!

Does anyone have a source for 1.90" OD, 1.80" ID airframe tubing like the material Aerotech uses for the airframes of the Mustang, Arreaux and other rockets. Seems like Vaughn Brothers used to carry(?)/ produce(?) it.

Discount Rocketry (www.discountrocketry.com) has the couplers, bulkheads, nosecones, etc., but their website has been showing the airframe tubing as being out of stock for over a year now. I cannot find anyone else that sells it. Not even Aerotech. I hate to buy an entire kit just to bash it for the air frame.

Thank you for any information anyone can offer!

Order from Aerotech.

Umm...

Aerotech charges an arm and a leg for their parts, almost any other source is preferable; I've even cannibalized other rockets when I needed 1.9" tube; my Vaughn Brothers BoB is a foot shorter and much better looking after cannibalizing. Not much help, I know. Canadian Rocket Store part# ARO11926

Last edited:
I ordered from Balsa Machining when I needed it. They list it as T-188 in Low Power tubing.
It looks like it also may be available from Hangar11, Discount Rocketry and eRockets.

Last edited:
My suggestion would be eRockets.com

They list it on their website, and you could call or email to make sure they have what you need.

I don't think eRockets has been mentioned much on the forum, but I have had good experiences with them. :)

My suggestion would be eRockets.com

They list it on their website, and you could call or email to make sure they have what you need.

I don't think eRockets has been mentioned much on the forum, but I have had good experiences with them. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Scott.

I'll check them out.:handshake:

If BMS has it, I would go with them. They are an excellent vendor.

Received the airframe ( and a few other goodies :wink:) from Balsa Machining yesterday. Definitely adding them to my personnal "Good Vendor List"

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Back