Need Inkjet Decal Paper Recommendation!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrent

Reaction score
I'm currently less than satisfied with my current inkjet decal paper which is a brand called "Printers Jack" that I got on Amazon. The edges tend to roll up when applying the decals and It's difficult to get all the air bubbles out. It also doesn't tolerate Solvaset which I like to use to snug down decals over uneven surfaces.
Is there a brand of paper that acts more like silk-screened decals you would get in a commercial kit? From what I can see, commercial decals are a tad thicker which may be why they have fewer issues.
Cartograph makes the best decals on the planet but they are almost exclusively seen in plastic model kits.
Anyway, I appreciate any recommendations or also letting me know if there are any other brands I should stay away from.
Thanks,
Don

In the many threads where this has been discussed, there has never really been any consensus.

I have used the SunnyScopa papers from Amazon and the Expert's Choice paper from Bare Metal Foil with pretty good success.

I have purchased a pack of the Koala "No Need Spray" paper (https://www.amazon.com/KOALA-Waterslide-Printers-Coating-Tumbler/dp/B09CTKNRC1/) with the intent of experimenting with it, but haven't gotten to it yet.

My biggest problem right now is getting good print quality with my current printer.

Back