Need an Aerotech 54mm "Low Profile" aft closure. Machinist? Seller?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROhmen

Reaction score
Hello All -

Many years ago, I had an Aerotech-fitting 54mm min diameter aft closure - it would fit inside a standard 54mm airframe. (Think "machine off all that knurling until it's the diameter of the case.")

A few years ago, I lost it - it went to 29,000 feet, and landed too far away, and too fast. Alas.

I want to try again, but need another minimum diameter aft closure.

SO:
1) Does anyone have one of these they can part with?
2) Is someone willing to machine one of these for me for a reasonable price? (Starting with a standard aft closure, of course.)

I'll be thankin' ya...:)

Hello All -

Many years ago, I had an Aerotech-fitting 54mm min diameter aft closure - it would fit inside a standard 54mm airframe. (Think "machine off all that knurling until it's the diameter of the case.")

A few years ago, I lost it - it went to 29,000 feet, and landed too far away, and too fast. Alas.

I want to try again, but need another minimum diameter aft closure.

SO:
1) Does anyone have one of these they can part with?
2) Is someone willing to machine one of these for me for a reasonable price? (Starting with a standard aft closure, of course.)

I'll be thankin' ya...:)

It wont be certified, but you can make one rather easy if you have a belt sander. Install the closure on the case and slowly rotate the case as your sanding the closure down. I've made 38mm this way for staging purposes. Just make sure your case is angled away from the sander by 2 degrees or so. You dint want to knick the case.

Let me see if I have a piece of aluminum to make a threaded arbor, and if I do I can machine it for you. Reasonable Price ? I only barter. I just so happen to need a 3/16 Wera Kraftform Micro 2069 Nutdriver 05118135001. They range in price online from $8 to $15 depending on where you go. If this sounds reasonable to you send me a PM.

Let me see if I have a piece of aluminum to make a threaded arbor, and if I do I can machine it for you. Reasonable Price ? I only barter. I just so happen to need a 3/16 Wera Kraftform Micro 2069 Nutdriver 05118135001. They range in price online from $8 to $15 depending on where you go. If this sounds reasonable to you send me a PM.
PM sent.

Ross,
Do you just need a stock AT 54mm aft closure turned down to same OD as the motor case?

If so, I can do that..want it sent to you or picked up out at Black Rock?

Tony
That's exactly what I need, Tony. I sent a message to the TFISH38 email.

Thanks, Ross

Back