• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade My Jolly Logic AltimeterTwo for Your FS Mini and/or Estes BT-20 Rocket Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mh9162013

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking to see if anyone is willing to swap their FlightSketch Mini and/or one or more unbuilt Estes Wizard, Viking or Yankee kits for my Jolly Logic AltimeterTwo (Altimeter Two).

It's in great shape and works fine. I used it for about 8 flights, but want something that's easier to use in BT-20 body tubes and provides data collection. I'm also looking for several Estes BT-20 minimum diameter rocket kits to work on. I'm also open to BT-20 parts, like Estes BT-20 nose cones. Depending on where you are and what you have, I'm sure we can work out some sort of deal.

I prefer to find someone as close as possible to keep shipping costs down for each of us, although I'm guessing I'll be lucky to find anyone in the U.S. who willing to part with their FS Mini. That's why I'm willing to trade my AltimeterTwo for a fair number of unbuilt Estes BT-20 kits, like the Viking, Yankee or Wizard (strong preferene for the Yankee) instead.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I'm not gonna take that deal. I'm down to three FS Minis that are working properly....and I do have both a first and second generation AltimeterTwo on hand.

But: The PerfectFlite FireFly and the Altus Metrum MicroPeak both will also fit in BT-20....though a FireFly won't leave you much room to protect it from the ejection charge.

The MicroPeak appears to be in stock both at Altus Metrum's own store and at Apogee. Perfectflitedirect.com is showing out of stock on FireFly, so they may or may not be in the same boat as FlightSketch is with respect to needed parts to build more.

I will add that neither of the alternatives (or even the Adrel, which can be had from Apogee or North Coast Rocketry) are an FS Mini in functionality.

Good luck!

I'm not gonna take that deal.
Yeah, that's why I'm willing to forego the FS Mini in exchange for a fair number of BT-20 Estes unbuild kits and BT-20 nose cones.

I could get the MicroPeak, but w/o Bluetooth, I don't think it's worth the upgrade (especially given how I'd also need to buy the USB dongle).

Yeah, if you want to plot flight data, you need the USB interface. For apogee only, you don't.

The MicroPeak has a unique way to transfer data to a computer....by rapid modulated flashing of the LED, which is read by another inside that USB box and converted to data the computer can use/display.

But really, I hope Russ (@gtg738w) can find parts or tweak the FS Mini's design to use something that he CAN get, as it's a big step ahead of other tiny altimeters in just about every way.

Once again, good luck in your search.

Back