My first home cut centring rings!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outasight13

Reaction score
I got a huge Dremel accesory pack for my birthday. Included with the package was the Dremel circle cutter rig. I decided to give cutting centering rings a try.
I have a feeling i wont be buying centering rings anytime soon. Its failry easy once you set it all up and adjust the dimensions correctly. I only had 3/32 5-ply Birch around, so i used that. Its plenty strong for the sizes i made. I made 3 29mm to 3" rings, and 2 29mm into 4" centering rings. I put some motors in the picture for size, thats an E9 on the right and a 29/40-120 on the left.
I will probably use the 4" rings for a upscaled Fliskits Triskelion I am planning on making, but i have no use for the 3" rings right now. my LOC 29mm tubing fits all the rings perfectly. the smaller rings fit very nicely into my LOC 3.00 tube, but i have no 4" tube to test fit the bigger rings.

and another view without the motors
the centering ring on the bottom middle was my first one, so as you can see the inside isnt perfect, but pretty good for a first try.
What do you think?

Can you post a couple of pics showing the rig all set up ready to cut?
Thanks,
wick

I've got the same setup for my Dremel and need to give it a try. How about more detail and pictures of the setup and any hints you found helpful. Thanks,

I think you did a great job with the rings! How hard was the jig to use? As others have said it would be nice to see some pics:D

I have a Roto Zip tool and it has a similar circle cutting jig. It would be useful if you had to go through thicker stock.

ill get the pics of the whole process tomorow, i put all the stuff away for tonight.

very nice job on those CR's

I may I have buy one of those circle cutters from work

Back