MPC THETA Cajun

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relative Dimensions

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the MPC THETA Cajun is still available?I was completely unaware of it's existence until two days ago,nice looking kit, would like to find one if at all possible.Any information anyone?

never heard of that one
Yeah, like I said, I only found out about this one two days ago, I never heard of it before.Good looking kit though, would like to find one if possible.One was posted on eBay quite some time ago, it came with a launcher and accessory set, it sold for something like $300 or so.You can probably get the kit by itself for less than half that much.Anybody have any info on that?

Yeah, gonna keep an e
I picked one up on ebay a couple of years ago for $30. They still pop up from time to time, although not as good a deal.
It's a nice kit, typical of MPC rockets of that era.
Yeah, gonna keep an eye out for this one.Does anyone know if MPC ever put out a catalog? I can't recall ever seeing one.Would like to see one if there is but it would probably be super hard to find.Would like to see what they had just to get an idea on what might still be available.

Found this one here....The National Model and Sport Rocketry Collection, listed as the Theta Cajun. Looking at the cover of the kit it does look quite different.
1648754591118.png

The National Model and Sport Rocketry Collection is located at the Seattle Museum of Flight. The collection is presented in a very cool way. The rest of the museum isn't half bad either :)

Sandy.

The National Model and Sport Rocketry Collection is located at the Seattle Museum of Flight. The collection is presented in a very cool way. The rest of the museum isn't half bad either :)

Sandy.
Well,I guess that's out for me, I live in Pennsylvania and I don't have transportation.Can't afford to fly anywhere either.What a place, can't even fly around here anymore. I live in the Northern part of the Wyoming Valley and there's no place left up here anymore.Been checking other areas and with some out of the area clubs, but seeing as how I don't have transportation it's pretty much out of the question.So what"s a guy to do?

Yeah, gonna keep an e
Yeah, gonna keep an eye out for this one.Does anyone know if MPC ever put out a catalog? I can't recall ever seeing one.Would like to see one if there is but it would probably be super hard to find.Would like to see what they had just to get an idea on what might still be available.

Here's a page from the 1969 catalog, showing the Theta Cajun. More at this link

1648756548812.png

Back