More tales from the beanfield - WSR Launch, 12/12/21

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great write up Bill - I thought about making the now loooong drive to Cedarville but decided I really didn’t want to spend that much time in the car. Oddly enough my 13mm Trident’s first flight (and my first flight on what is now my version of B4 Field here in Stark County) was a partial ignition though I can attest that a single A motor is far from nominal 😆

Great write up Bill - I thought about making the now loooong drive to Cedarville but decided I really didn’t want to spend that much time in the car. Oddly enough my 13mm Trident’s first flight (and my first flight on what is now my version of B4 Field here in Stark County) was a partial ignition though I can attest that a single A motor is far from nominal 😆
:cool: Wow! That's a haul from Stark County. What kind of field is B4 Field? Mine is an ever shrinking baseball field with tricky winds and a major highway.

:cool: Wow! That's a haul from Stark County. What kind of field is B4 Field? Mine is an ever shrinking baseball field with tricky winds and a major highway.
Nearly square, perfectly flat 40 acre community park that’s primarily a soccer complex so post season it’s pretty much empty. The baseball fields are in the SW corner so the light poles and backstops aren’t much of a factor. I could probably call it C6 Field 😉

Nearly square, perfectly flat 40 acre community park that’s primarily a soccer complex so post season it’s pretty much empty. The baseball fields are in the SW corner so the light poles and backstops aren’t much of a factor. I could probably call it C6 Field 😉
Mine is empty this time of year except for geese. They poop a lot. so it's kind of disgusting.

I would have been there if not for the new job. Was on the road in Central CA on an installation project in a factory.
Got my level 2 at Cedarville/ Federal Road and it's my favorite field in the Ohio/Indiana area. The AMA field at Muncie would be great if they would remove 80% of the asphalt (crunch) and not force us to fly in the NE corner. With the usual prevailing SW wind, need I say more? I lost my Star Orbiter at Cedarville due to a poor (overkill) motor choice but Dave found it. No losses and no crunches - too bad it isn' t year round. Good, not cold day and no wind = big motors!

Cheers / Robert

I would have been there if not for the new job. Was on the road in Central CA on an installation project in a factory.
Got my level 2 at Cedarville/ Federal Road and it's my favorite field in the Ohio/Indiana area. The AMA field at Muncie would be great if they would remove 80% of the asphalt (crunch) and not force us to fly in the NE corner. With the usual prevailing SW wind, need I say more? I lost my Star Orbiter at Cedarville due to a poor (overkill) motor choice but Dave found it. No losses and no crunches - too bad it isn't year round. Good, not cold day and no wind = big motors!

Cheers / Robert
Dave and Lee were making noise about forcing me to do my Level One at the launch, so there's a good chance that's in the cards for 2022. Hope it's a dry day. That mud makes the after launch feel like a session with free weights. I'm WAY too old for that.

Back