More Altimeter TWO Data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
Attached is the Altimeter TWO data from 5 flights I made tonight.

The first flight was in an Estes Sidewinder on a D12-5. I installed a 24mm mount instead of the 18mm mount that came with the Sidewinder. It was a beautiful flight, but drifted quite far as the wind up high was stronger than on the ground.

The Triton flight did not go well from start to finish. The rocket leaned over quite far on lift off and was moving quite fast when the ejection charge went off. At ejection the middle section of the rocket blew off with the parachute stuck inside. The rocket lost a fin on the hard landing.

The last three flights were on C6-3s. All three flights went well. The first two of them looked almost identical and landed in almost same spot about 50 feet from the launch site. The last flight seemed a little higher than the other two, but the altimeter says it was nearly the same. It landed quite a bit farther away than the other two C6-3 flights.

It was interesting how all three C6-3 flights produced nearly identical altitudes. The third flight had a noticeably higher peak acceleration which might have been the reason I had the impression it went higher.

Alt2.JPG

Your Triton flight sounds identical to the Helicat flight my kids and I had tonight. First flight was great, chute deployed, nose cone came down not ten feet away and the rocket about 30.

Next flight, it leaned over hard, and when it kicked it blew the chute, shock cord and wadding out, the nose cone copter'd down fine, but we knocked a fin off when the body came down.

Kidlets flew a small Quest a couple of times, and then it was off for ice cream. I am STILL waiting for my AltimeterTwo, can't wait to start compiling some data alongside you.

I want one! Sad thing is, I haven't had a chance to try out my Altimeter One yet...:y:

Back