Model Minutes Space Racer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Just a brief comment or three about the Model Minutes Space Racer.

1) This kit is unique in the fact that it is a paper rocket made from cardstock and foam board. No tubes. I comes with a motor retainer and thread that wrapped around the retainer. It comes with a parachute to be assembled including shroud lines and a rubber band shock cord. In addition, nose weight clay is provided.

2) Instructions suffer from a French to English conversion, however they are do'able. The unique first step is to assemble a pair of 3D glasses so that you can see the pictures in 3D!

3) Flying it. Now that is where is comes all together. Not sure how many flights I will get, but my first two on a B6-4 (they recommend a B6-2) was great. I spun a lot going up which I think is due to where you push in the rear-ejecting motor mount since it "forms" the body a bit and can change the fin angles. The second flight on a recommended C6-3 was also very straight and without the intense spinning.

Watch for a full review on EMRR, planned for 2/1.

Enjoy.
Nick

mm_space_racer01.jpg

mm_space_racer02.jpg

It certainly is unique and unusual.

I'm sure someone else will build one and manage to fit a 24mm engine in it.......

:eek: :D

With the new regulations promulgated by the SS, er, I mean the ATFE, this Grand Whazoo may be the only thing some of us ever fly with an airframe larger than BT80. I will be looking into that RocSim file!

Back