• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MissileWorks RTx GPS System / Spares

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderboy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: Check the most recent post at the bottom for new bundle deals!!

I'm selling my MissileWorks RTx GPS system.

I'll pay shipping (USPS flat rate priority mail). You pay via Paypal, either F&F at the listed price, or boosted by the fee % so I receive the listed price.

1. RTx GPS with RPSMA antenna - $170 $150
2. RTx GPS with wire antenna - $170 $150
3. RTx GPS with wire antenna - $170 $150
4. Handheld Navigator Unit: Includes RTx GPS unit with RPSMA antenna, LCD screen, and housing - $236 $200
5. LCD Unit with some other 3D printed yellow housing (still has protective film on LCD screen) - $37 $30

There are no batteries included with any of the units (because I don't think I can legally ship Lipo batteries).

All units are tested and working. These are all set to ID 23. I am no longer using any of these units, so if you are new to this system, you can take over ID 23. If you already have units and are adding these to your collection, I have the software to update the ID to whatever your ID is, just let me know.

I work all day and will need at least one day after you pay to get items shipped out. Thanks for looking!

1693278289344.png
1693278326547.png
1693278354130.png

Last edited:
On the handheld navigator unit, during the power-on beep, press the button. This takes you to the RTx Menu. Now press and release the button again and you'll get this screen:
1693352542719.png

The process is the same for the rocket units, you'll just have to connect the LCD board to the rocket unit and follow the same sequence as above. However, if you own the complete system already you don't need to read the rocket unit since by design it has to be the same ID as your handheld tracker to communicate.

I know it's low, but I am new to rocketry and would be interested in one of the boards and receiver for somewhere between 125 and 150.

I've lowered the prices as I'd like to free up some funds for an upcoming project. All items are still available, and I'm willing to split this up. You don't need to buy the entire package... although it's a smokin' good deal if you want it all! $650 takes it all!

Lets try a different approach that will make this much easier for a newcomer to this system. I've created two bundles, each one a complete stand-alone GPS tracking system including the ground unit and rocket unit. I've tested both bundles and confirmed that they are working.

So just to make it simple, each bundle includes everything you need, except for the airborne battery pack.

Bundle 1: $300 includes the Missile Works 3D printed ground unit housing. Also inside there is a bluetooth transciever which you can link to a bluetooth device. The base unit includes the battery.
20231029_163004.jpg

Bundle 2: $275 includes a custom 3D printed ground unit housing, and also includes a battery.
20231029_163020.jpg

Do you still have the board with the antenna jack on it?
I do. This board is typically mounted in the base station which uses the separate antenna. Right now, I have one mounted in the blue base station and one in the yellow base station. The two other units have wire antennas and are usually mounted in the rocket.

As troj mentioned, this all operates on 900 MHz, which is license free.

If you want to read up more on this system, here is the link to the product on the Missile Works site:
https://www.missileworks.com/rtx
Note that you'll need two units in order to track your rocket. One on-board the rocket which broadcasts the rocket position, and then one on your ground station to receive the radio signal from the rocket unit and to help you navigate to it.

I do. This board is typically mounted in the base station which uses the separate antenna. Right now, I have one mounted in the blue base station and one in the yellow base station. The two other units have wire antennas and are usually mounted in the rocket.

As troj mentioned, this all operates on 900 MHz, which is license free.

If you want to read up more on this system, here is the link to the product on the Missile Works site:
https://www.missileworks.com/rtx
Note that you'll need two units in order to track your rocket. One on-board the rocket which broadcasts the rocket position, and then one on your ground station to receive the radio signal from the rocket unit and to help you navigate to it.
Sent a message on bundle 1.

Thanks

Back