MDRA at the sod farm this weekend (10/10 - 11) -- who's coming?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there on Saturday and had a good time. I got my Level 2 with a Black Brant II on a J580 that went to 2850 ft. I want to thank Scott and Bob for helping me with it.

That was a nice flight! Congratulations!

Later!

--Coop

I was there on Saturday and had a good time. I got my Level 2 with a Black Brant II on a J580 that went to 2850 ft. I want to thank Scott and Bob for helping me with it.

On a down note, I lost my PML Bullpuppy to the trees off to the southwest. I started to look for it, but ran into a couple of hunters, so I apologized and headed back. If anyone ever comes across it out there, please let me know. I'm kind of disappointed in myself for flying it on the motor I did. I'm not sure why I thought going over 2,000 ft would be ok for an apogee ejection with the winds the way they were. I should have kept it around 1000 ft. It's something I'll certainly learn from.

That was a nice flight. Yeah, the sod farm is tricky. There is so much space there, but they always line us up as close to the woods as possible. And the beans. I don't get it.

A few months ago, I had my main come out at 3000', and the rocket crossed the woods, and the subsequent street, and ended up in a wheat field. I got it back. But now that is the one stuck in the tree that I couldn't get down.

Congrats on the L2!

That was a nice flight. Yeah, the sod farm is tricky. There is so much space there, but they always line us up as close to the woods as possible. And the beans. I don't get it.!

John,
We get to launch where the Sod Farm folks tell us, month to month... Most of the time we launch from that part of the field we launched from this past weekend... However, we do not know where for certain, until Saturday morning, shortly before set-up...

Back