Martlet 3A - A Project HARP Projectile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to do a drawing of one of these, but I recall two problems. One was documenting the colors, and the other was that the best drawings I could find seemed to be for versions that never actually flew. I recall there was a book that might have been useful in the University of Michigan library system, but it seems to have disappeared from their collection.

I've been wanting to do a drawing of one of these, but I recall two problems. One was documenting the colors, and the other was that the best drawings I could find seemed to be for versions that never actually flew. I recall there was a book that might have been useful in the University of Michigan library system, but it seems to have disappeared from their collection.
The Martlets I saw on display at the conference were bare metal with MARTLET (the # of the series) stenciled in black running vertical on the side. The stenciling appeared to be for the display, only. From reading Dr. Bull's Lab Note journals, the fired projectiles were not painted or stenciled.

Back