Maine Missile Math & Science Club 15 August 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAC of MMMSClub

Reaction score
Hi All,
Our next launch is 15 August 2015
Our usual time 10:00~16:00 (setup at 09:00)
Our usual launch field

Tuckahoe Turf Farm
305 Hubbard Road
Berwick, Maine

AMW will be on site with the NEW trailer loaded with rocket goodies and accessories!

Gloria will be cooking, I think?

Water, Sunscreen!:clap:

We have a 12'+pole saw and a 22' folding ladder for this weekend, so if you need to make some recoveries this is your weekend to do it!

I reattached the fin on my Remedial Studies and it is ready for some flights on E's and F's. Gotta work off the ice cream somehow :)

I'm planning to be there. I want to continue some test flights with the cable cutter system. I'm watching the forecast carefully though. I have a nearly 2 hour drive, especially if I try to avoid the 495 beach traffic. The timing for the chance of rain will dictate my final plan.

Mike,
To avoid the top end of 495, take exit 51, Rt 125, Plaistow. There is a lot of traffic and lights for the first few miles but it moves along and opens up nicely at the north end of Plaistow. If you have GPS, it will figure it out from there. If not, let me know and I can give you a few options.

That's my normal route and it takes 1:45. But I have been caught in backups as far south as Lawrence in the summer so I go up Rt 3 and take 101 over to 125. That takes 5-10 minutes longer but still less time then when you get stuck in a backup.

Between road work and beach traffic, that can happen. Even the new bridge work on I-95 delayed some from North and South of Boston getting to Amesbury last week.
At least the work they've been doing on the Spaulding and the bridges before the Dover toll is paying dividends now that the new parts of the roadway are open.

For those who approach the field from the south along Hubbard Road (coming from Somersworth, NH), please take notice.

HUBBARD ROAD IS CLOSED AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROLLED SINGLE LANE.

Please follow these instructions Guy posted last year when the downtown area of Somersworth was torn up:

Here are Guy's alternate directions:
If you normally head up the Spaulding Turnpike (may involve tolls)

Continue on up the Spaulding Turnpike (Rt 16) to exit 16, the Rt 11/Rt 202 exit. Keep bearing right towards Sanford ME and Rt 202 east.
Follow Rt 202 east to the NH/ME border. There will be a Cumberland Farms on your right at the four way stop, just before the border.
Continue on through the four way stop on Rt 202 East until you see a Mobil Station on your right. You will have traveled about 3.5 miles
from the Spaulding Turnpike. There is a traffic light at the corner that the Mobil Station is on. Turn right at the traffic light on to
Hubbard Rd. The Tuckahoe Turf Farm will be on your left (2.9 miles).

If you want to travel on Rt 125 from Mass:

Head north on Rt 125 through Epping, Lee, Barrington and Gonic until you reach Rt 16, the Spaulding Turnpike. Stay to the far right,
going under Rt 16 and then on to Rt 16 north.

Continue on up the Spaulding Turnpike (Rt 16) to exit 16, the Rt 11/Rt 202 exit. Keep bearing right towards Sanford ME and Rt 202 east.
Follow Rt 202 east to the NH/ME border. There will be a Cumberland Farms on your right at the four way stop, just before the border.
Continue on through the four way stop on Rt 202 East until you see a Mobil Station on your right. You will have traveled about 3.5 miles
from the Spaulding Turnpike. There is a traffic light at the corner that the Mobil Station is on. Turn right at the traffic light on to
Hubbard Rd. The Tuckahoe Turf Farm will be on your left (2.9 miles).

Hi guys!

As many of you know, my 4" Frenzy got hung up in the trees out by the pond near the trailer park. Due east from the flight line you can see the white trailer, and the small pond is behind the trees ~100 yards to the left, or to the north of the trailer park. If you drive into the dirt road leading to the trailer park, you can see the orange chute hanging in the tree about 40' up. If any of you folks who are good in trees want to try and get it down, I'll happily pay a cash reward to get the motor casing and altimeter back. But keep it safe if you decide to go after it - it's higher up than it looks!

Back