Loc Bruiser EXP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I did not get a parts list or instructions. Does anyone know how many bulkheads come for the AV BAY? I have 2 1/4 inch bulkheads.

2 is the correct number.

You have some choices when you build the LOC ebay. You can make it with one of the bulkheads sandwiched between the stiffy couplers, so you end up with one end of the ebay being "hollow":

PXL_20211027_155311378.jpg

This design is to give you some more room for longer motors in rocket designs that have a relatively short booster tube. Personally, I recommend against that for the Bruiser EXP. The EXP has a booster plenty long enough to accommodate any motor I can think of that I would want to put in there. The downside to making this "shorty" ebay is that, eventually, the black powder charges really eat up the edge of the ebay and it gets increasingly difficult to get it to go back into the body tube of the booster. This is what mine looked like after a couple launches (and a lot of epoxying to get it back in shape):

PXL_20220507_120653143.jpg

I would recommend just building the ebay with both stiffy couplers in the middle like a normal ebay with the bulkheads on either end. I would still coat the whole thing, inside and out, with a laminating epoxy to protect it. I have a new ebay kit on hand to replace this one, if I get some time, I will build it out and post pictures.

2 is the correct number.

You have some choices when you build the LOC ebay. You can make it with one of the bulkheads sandwiched between the stiffy couplers, so you end up with one end of the ebay being "hollow":

View attachment 566467

This design is to give you some more room for longer motors in rocket designs that have a relatively short booster tube. Personally, I recommend against that for the Bruiser EXP. The EXP has a booster plenty long enough to accommodate any motor I can think of that I would want to put in there. The downside to making this "shorty" ebay is that, eventually, the black powder charges really eat up the edge of the ebay and it gets increasingly difficult to get it to go back into the body tube of the booster. This is what mine looked like after a couple launches (and a lot of epoxying to get it back in shape):

View attachment 566468

I would recommend just building the ebay with both stiffy couplers in the middle like a normal ebay with the bulkheads on either end. I would still coat the whole thing, inside and out, with a laminating epoxy to protect it. I have a new ebay kit on hand to replace this one, if I get some time, I will build it out and post pictures.

This is pretty much the same thing I did with my level 3.

Back