Large Diameter Tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougdoc

Reaction score
I am working on an upscale Mercury Redstone. I have the capsule nearly finished. Now I need a 9.25" airframe and couplers. Total length will be 8'.
Does anyone know where I might find tubes of this size?

If the capsule was slightly smaller you could use 9.0" tube and couplers from Performance Rocketry. Haven't seen a source of 9.25" tubes and couplers. Might have to make your own.

-Aaron

a piece of sonotube and then cut a groove in the center and glue it back together and glass it.

a piece of sonotube and then cut a groove in the center and glue it back together and glass it.

The "Quikrete" tubes I bought to use for my Heavy Metal Thunder project are just under 9" in diameter. But the size of the tubes varies. There may have been ones slightly larger at the store. At about $8 for a 4' tube, you can't beat the price -- if you can find one the right size.

Make sure both ends of the tube are the same diameter. I got bit by that problem!

-- Roger

Don't be shy...carry your capsule into Home Depot and check the Sonotubes for fit.

Back