L3 Certification Documentation Links - No Third Party Comments Please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this thread stopped being a sticky, I'll add my L3 doc to bump it back. I've found this thread to be incredibly helpful and would love to see it regain "sticky" status.

Everything on my L3 project is pretty much wrapped up other than the cert flight itself. Hoping to fly it at MWP in late October. My TAP, Chris Pearson and Steve Eves, were incredible helps on this one.
:goodjob: :bravo:Awesome documentation. I hope to do 1/2 of what you did.

Here's the final write-up from my Tripoli L3 build which I successfully flew for certification earlier this year. I submitted the first draft of this to my TAPs prior to starting my build.

It is a modified LOC Bruiser EXP that I flew on an M1350.

I strengthened parts of it beyond the standard kit, but, it was not glassed.

Here's my build thread which includes more details, pictures and an as-built OpenRocket file: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/loc-precision-bruiser-exp-build.175318/page-4#post-2421135

I'm posting this here so that others may learn from it, so, please feel free to contact me if you have questions about it. For anyone else attempting an L3 build, there are many good options so I would encourage you to discuss your plans early and often with your TAP or L3CC.

Attachments

• ken_l3.pdf
    165.9 KB · Views: 2
I secured my L3 a few weeks ago, the paperwork is on its way. Love how after you undertake a project NAR does not even want to see it. Just the signed forms. Oh well, I will share it here for all to enjoy.
Well if it make you feel any better, I read every word, and examined every photo. It helped me to understand more. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back