L1 Certification

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgabb

Reaction score
Hello Alll!! :D
I just got back from my L1 Cert flight. The first attempt, was with a NCR by Estes Big Brute that I modified by drastically strengthening the motor and fin assembly and by stretching it to accomodate a waddingless and zipperless recovery system. It flew on an H238M but failed due to the nosecone seperating from the shock cord, a defective nosecone anchor was to blame. All components were recovered with only minor scrathes. I will remount the nosecone useng a bulkhead mounted "eye" bolt The secnd attempt was with a PML Small Endeavor on an H128S, SUCCESS :p I had a long walk but it was worth it. GAAWD I love the sound of those H motors. L2 here I come!!! I will post pictures at a later date ( when I get them developed) Cya!

Congratulations, Dave. Yeah, H motors are definitely a kick. And I, J, K, ....... you have taken out that second mortgage on your house, haven't you? Now the really big bucks start happening...

And as was said to me on my level 1 - "Congratulations, now open up your wallet." :D

Ouch! That's the truth. The money I've spent already getting ready for level 2 is obscene! ;)

I have got plans now for mine. I think I'm going to get PML's Bull Puppy kit and use it for my L1 cert. in late summer or early fall this year. :D

Whitakers locked it in for me.

Jason

Saw the flight ..... real nice!! I also like those H motors, really gets them up there!! My Level 1 ..... coming real soon

Dave,

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the failure of you NCR "Big Brute". I certified on one of those myself. It was stock except for replacing the undersized 6" MMT with a standard 29mm MMT that was 9" long. It still flies great on H128's.

Ken Holloway, NAR #78336, L-1

BIg Congrats...Fantastic job...could have told ya the PML Small Endeavour would come through...I REALLY like mine!

Once again...Great job man! Welcome to the world of HPR...

...otherwise known as big FAT motors which THIN the wallet :)

Carl

Latest posts

Back