• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Kickstarter Campaign for a new book about the N-1

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Reaction score
Matt Johnson from SMASH and Jack Hagerty of ARA Press ("The Spaceship Handbook", "The Saucer Fleet") have teamed up with an international group of experts to produce a new book on the N-1. I saw a presentation Matt did on this at NARAM and it looks fantastic.

The group has started a Kickstarter project to help defray the production costs, and final sales price, of the book.

Full details are here: https://kck.st/1cKKm2j

Even if you are not interested in helping with the project, definitely check out the link as they've put together a great CGI video of how a successful N-1 flight would have worked.

Steve

N1.jpg

Guys,

3 days to go and the Kickstarter campaign is at $9,381 of the $12,000 goal.

Pledging ends at 4:30 this Sunday and if the goal is not reached the project receives none of the pledged funds.

If you can help at all, please go to the Kickstarter page and make a pledge.

Steve

Buy the kick starter if you want the autographed copy. The arapress copy is not planned to be autographed by the authors

Yes I did realize that, but I just got the impression that it was already published and on the market so didn't know what choice to make cheers

Yes I did realize that, but I just got the impression that it was already published and on the market so didn't know what choice to make cheers

The kick starter campaign hasn't reached the threshold yet. So my suggestion would be for people to do kick starter to try and help Jack get the book out the door...

The kick starter campaign hasn't reached the threshold yet. So my suggestion would be for people to do kick starter to try and help Jack get the book out the door...

My understanding of the text in the kickstarter is that the book will get pushed out the door regardless. The question is whether they can get enough pre-orders (via the kickstarter campaign) to set the list price to $40 instead of $80.

The benefit of pledging to the KS campaign is that you get a nicer product (with an autograph) and a guaranteed price (assuming the KS hits the target).
The risk of not pledging is that the KS fails and the book is then only available at $80.

Success!!!!

169 backers.

$12,412.

The project is funded. This says a huge amount about the rocketry community.

The last time we saw this kind of community financial spirit was during the BATF lawsuit. Really nice to know that spirit is still there, and this time for a much more pleasant project.

Congratulations to Jack Hagerty who spearheaded this fundraising effort, and to Matt Johnson and the others who produced the work. Thanks also to all of us who participated.

Can't wait to get my hands on this great book!

I received my copy of the N-1 book a few days ago (Jack told me he's trying to get the orders out as fast as he can).

I haven't had time to read/look at it page-by-page yet but it is impressive. ;)

Definately worth the price and the wait. :)

N-1 Book 01.jpg N-1 Book 02.jpg

Back