Just for grins...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's launch on the moon. No trees there. NSL 2050

Oh wait, no moon. Not anymore.

:(

Kicking a rocket would mean a BIG fine.

Yeah, but if they mouth off to US, we launch their soccer ball into oblivion...

LOL

I've actually had this fantasy of "if I had the money, what sort of rocket park would i build..."

Let's not forget the conveniently located motel rooms where you could easily use the grassy area in front of your motel room as your prep area... :)

Last edited:
A place where kids can buy and use reloads without asking dad to pull out hi passport or drivers every time....

What are you talking about kids buying reloads, the reloads would be free with the option of them being built and cleaned for you. All the parts for all the rockets built and flown at the site will be provided for free by the club owning the site (passing on the site every couple years is recommended for financial sanity).

Plus, why would the kids be flying rockets? They would be busy going out and retrieving rockets. :neener:

Plus, why would the kids be flying rockets? They would be busy going out and retrieving rockets. :neener:

I think you just hit on the real key to success here!:cyclops:

Let's launch on the moon. No trees there. NSL 2050

Oh wait, no moon. Not anymore.

:(

What!? what does that mean?

Love this thread by the way I have been thinking about what I would do in my dream field

Matt

Matt,
My guess is it's a comment about the reduction of the US manned space program through NASA.

Edit: As to an ideal launch set-up, something that would keep the kids (and some adults) from wandering across the wires. Whew, it feels good to be legit.

Last edited:
1) Each pavilion should have a conveniently located ladder to provide roof access.
2) Shuttle service to the hotel and to the away pads (golf carts will be fine).

1) Each pavilion should have a conveniently located ladder to provide roof access.

I think a stairway for the pavillions would be better, just in case the kids are stuck in school and one of us has to retrieve our own rockets.

I see you made a distinction with hotel instead of motel. I think a high rise would be nice with a tracking observatory on the roof and a direct sattelite link to the FAA so we can warn them about rocket flights and they can direct air traffic around us.

What!? what does that mean?

Love this thread by the way I have been thinking about what I would do in my dream field

Matt
Every motel room would have a proper painting booth (and no, I don't mean the shower). ;)

MK

Praxair is a larger welding supply company, so think LOX.

You all have things fairly well covered the only thing I can thing of is a
well stocked wet bar for after a day of flying. Must have a good selection
of single malt scotch whisky and maybe a house drink called Rocket Fuel... :cool:

Matt,
My guess is it's a comment about the reduction of the US manned space program through NASA.

Edit: As to an ideal launch set-up, something that would keep the kids (and some adults) from wandering across the wires. Whew, it feels good to be legit.

Ken I think someone hit on that one with underground conduits to the pads back on the first page somewhere. :)

As long as we're dreaming here why don't we just say there will be no trees for miles around? Thus #5 becomes un-necessary!

Glenn

No, no, that won't do at all. You have to leave that ONE tree in the recovery area. Maybe work it into a contest or something - closest to the tree (without actually landing IN the tree). :)

I've seen a few of these themed towards light aircraft and one that was for rotor heads. If I brought up such an idea with a rocket theme to SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED, I would find myself severly thrashed. She wants to retire near her sisters in Hawaii.:(

Well, there's plenty of open space around Hawaii. It's just . . . a little . . . . wet. You just have to build your rockets properly and you'll be all set. :)

Well, as long as we are talking about the big rock candy mountain, how about guaranteed weather: sunshine, no clouds, calm to light winds, and temps in the 70s? No launch will be rained out - ever!

MK

Ooooohh. That is so good! Wait make that part of the concierge service, free to the "Rocket Vacation" plan participants. "Would you like your motor cleaned for the next launch, sir? And it was a great launch I might add!"

:)

Greg

Back