Jolly Logic - Altimeter Two Review

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms

Reaction score
The other Altimeter Two thread has lots of information and goodness about the accelerometers, etc. This thread is just a review I threw on my blog, have a read, chuckle at the photo and let me know what you think.

https://rocketroar.com/profiles/blogs/first-run-with-altimeter-two

Overall, a very nifty, very small, very lightweight device that I recommend to anyone who's flying anything.

In my very humble opinion, it's worth the money for sure. There's a ton of different experiments that can be done with one of these puppies, and it's super easy to use.

It's nearly idiot proof. I've only screwed it up on one flight so far. And of course that had to happen when I had guests along to watch me launch. :bangpan:

Yeah we flew it a few more times again this weekend. I gave my buddy the Hijinks/Rascal starter kit from Estes. We didn't drill the holes in one of his rockets, but after he flew the first one he wanted to strap the A2 on his rocket (I think he's hooked at this point). Totally fool proof and a great crowd pleaser to see some flight stats.

He later lost the Hijinks and I lost my Blue Ninja, but I did my first flight of the SkyBender 3-motor C lit by Estes ignitors with an Aerotech Interlock clamped onto my minivan. I was actually a little nervous about the cluster launch, but she roared off the pad, all three motors lit and everyone just loved the audible "wheeeeeeeeeeee" coming from the launch controller.

I will definitely strap the A2 onto the SkyBender the next flight once I drill some holes.

Nice report!

I've been considering one of these for testing my designs.
Nice data return for a low price!!

Your Blog pushed me over the top! Order going in today!

Thanks,

Eric Foster

I help 4H kids with their projects. Wouldn't this be most impressive if they could supply flight data along with their display and rocket? I'm getting really itchy now! :cool:

Yeah, it's really a great tool. Not only that, but when you have those folks who are like "huh? rocketry", and you hold up a little screen that says that little "model" just did 220+mph and went over 1000 feet, their eyebrows really perk up :)

Latest posts

Back