I'm I the only rocket hoarder??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexzogh

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I spent the afternoon cleaning up the Rocket Barn, and have come to realize I am a serious hoarder. I'm not talking about buying things I won't immediately use (that's a problem too...), but keeping things I KNOW I should just throw away, "just in case"....

Like these fins... "I better keep this, I *might* fix that broken rocket one day", or "I like this fin profile, I better keep it around"

fins.jpg

Or cutoffs. "This tiny piece of fiberglass might be useful one day... maybe I'll need a switch band or something" - even worse, AV bay lids that are the wrong size...

cutoffs.jpg

Anyone need a nosecone (or two, or three, or four). I have stacked up plastic bins filled with old nosecones "just in case"
nosecones.jpg

There's no such thing a hoarding model rocketry nose cones. They're the single, most important component in most model rockets, especially LPR ones. They serve as the linchpin for clone and custom builds.

As for the other parts, I save most of everything, too. My work area is practically littered with cut off pieces of main body tubes, scrap balsa and plastic, etc.

I have been known to pull a crashed rocket out of the dumpster at a big launch, just for the parts....

I just started going through a bunch of old stuff myself. Although my storage system is best described as complete chaos, I've been finding stuff I'd totally forgotten about. Yeah, I'm a junk collector (my wife's words, not mine) too.

I spent the afternoon cleaning up the Rocket Barn, and have come to realize I am a serious hoarder. I'm not talking about buying things I won't immediately use (that's a problem too...), but keeping things I KNOW I should just throw away, "just in case"....

Like these fins... "I better keep this, I *might* fix that broken rocket one day", or "I like this fin profile, I better keep it around"

View attachment 609539

Or cutoffs. "This tiny piece of fiberglass might be useful one day... maybe I'll need a switch band or something" - even worse, AV bay lids that are the wrong size...

View attachment 609537

Anyone need a nosecone (or two, or three, or four). I have stacked up plastic bins filled with old nosecones "just in case"
View attachment 609538
I have the pods for the Estes SR71 Blackbird, but not that nose cone. I'd be interested in a trade or purchase.

Back