How to use Elmers CWF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
Evening all

Tracked some of this down in the UK.

Have some blue tube spirals I'd like too fill. What the best way to use this. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1451927892.802730.jpg

Dilute to the consistency of thick paint and apply directly to spirals thickly as some shrinkage will occur. Use a brush or a squegee made from a old credit card. Another application method is to mix in a plastic sandwich bag, cut one corner off a little bit then squeeze out into spirals. Wait to dry then sand. Look for low spots re-apply if necessary and re-sand. If it looks good then prime.

1) Get ye aluminium foil and make an open top box out of a sheet
2) with a popsicle stick, take a plop of the wood filler and put it on the foil
3) under adripping faucet, add enough drops to simply coatthe plop with water (for bonus points can use a filter to prevent minerals from decolorizing the paint over time)
4) with the popsicle sticks, mix water and plop of filler to attain a slurry
5) get ye a small foam brush (home depot here sells them for about 0.79$ each), get edge coated with the slurry, then with the edge only run it into the spiral grooves
6) wait until dry (20 minutes is fine)
7) Sand spiral tube on 200-300 grit. Twist the body tube along the sandpaper in the same direction as the grooves go. This prevents trauma and microtears to the tube
8)repeat the filling, this time using 400 grit sandpaper when dry. It should be smooth enough by now. If not repeat once more

1) Get ye aluminium foil and make an open top box out of a sheet
2) with a popsicle stick, take a plop of the wood filler and put it on the foil
3) under adripping faucet, add enough drops to simply coatthe plop with water (for bonus points can use a filter to prevent minerals from decolorizing the paint over time)
4) with the popsicle sticks, mix water and plop of filler to attain a slurry
5) get ye a small foam brush (home depot here sells them for about 0.79$ each), get edge coated with the slurry, then with the edge only run it into the spiral grooves
6) wait until dry (20 minutes is fine)
7) Sand spiral tube on 200-300 grit. Twist the body tube along the sandpaper in the same direction as the grooves go. This prevents trauma and microtears to the tube
8)repeat the filling, this time using 400 grit sandpaper when dry. It should be smooth enough by now. If not repeat once more

1st) shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
3) shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
4) shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
5) is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited:
1st) shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
3) shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
4) shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
5) is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

By heart, or off the script? If the former, I'm impressed. 😎

By heart, or off the script? If the former, I'm impressed.

I can quote it... but for efficiency, I found the script, then modified it to suit my purpose.

Oh, and funny thing... ^ the rule that "i" before "e", except after "c" falls apart yet again (efficiency).

Ni!

Back