How to mount Adept Beacon SB1 to recovery?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got an Adept Sonic Beacon SB1. I'm trying to figure out how to attach it to the recovery harness and have the pin pulled at deployment. The instructions are a little vague so I thought I'd see if anyone has pictures they could show.

The unit fits inside one of those estes provided 18mm motor block tubes (18mm od tube to push in motor bocks). But I don't know how to attach it and still protect it from dirt and dust during recovery.

Kevin

Assuming that you have already looked at the pictures on their website (https://www.adeptrocketry.com/SB1ds.htm), I would consider simply using tape to secure the tube to spot on the harness and then also tape the end of the pull cord to another point on the harness making sure that you leave a nice loop of slack between them so that the pull happens as the harness take the weight of the recovery. I use something similar in a beeper circuit that I built inside a nose cone where a pull wire is attached to the harness with tape (many wraps of electrical tape).

Latest posts

Back