Hot dog rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigander

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing a rocket out of bt-60 and make it look like a hot dog. I probably will do this in the summer after i get some money from mowing lawns. I was just had an idea there for a sec.

Originally posted by SteelyEyed

A Freudian Slip - When you say one thing, but are thinking about a mother...

Wow - that's the funniest thing I've read today...mind if I use that???

"and here comes Sigmund down the runway in a darling one piece pink taffeta freudian slip...";)

sorry, late at night. mind was thinking bout homework and what not.

Originally posted by Bigander
sorry, late at night. mind was thinking bout homework and what not.
More "what not" than "homework", I'm sure... :D (Don't feel bad - it only gets worse...)

When I get lawn money maybe I will do the same. Are you thinking paint job or side pods.:) :)

Originally posted by SteelyEyed

A Freudian Slip - When you say one thing, but are thinking about a mother...
This is a classic quote from the TV show Cheers. The original quote was: "When you say one thing but you mean a mother." It was said by Cliff Clavin, which makes it all the funnier if you're a fan of the show.

We have flown actual hot dogs on 13&18mm motors, If your careful you can actual stick the fins through the dog. We have however not eaten one after flight.

And anything bigger than a B seems to "uncase" them.

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
We have flown actual hot dogs on 13&18mm motors, If your careful you can actual stick the fins through the dog. We have however not eaten one after flight.

Now i know how i can use my intestines to make a rocket!!! use 'em for hotdog casings!!

maybe if I talk to my uncle (a butcher) I could get a 3" round 24" long "hot dog" for my L2 ;)

Ben

Try tieing them together for a cluster,( I am thinking 9 or 10 A motors.):D :D

Ooo. New mythbusters myth!! when u launch a hotdog w/ a rocket engine, does it land ketchup side up or ketchup side down??

I love that show, and am itching to see another rocket myth since the Confederate Rocket and revisit.:) :) :D

Originally posted by Bigander
Ooo. New mythbusters myth!! when u launch a hotdog w/ a rocket engine, does it land ketchup side up or ketchup side down??

its round! ;) :p

Ben

Who cares. As long as we are happy watching meaty rockets, and get to see something blown up.:D

Back in the day before PC's some friends and I gathered at one's house to work on some term papers, satirical ones at that.
We had spell checking typewriters.
On guy was doing a paper on the "evils" of hot dogs.
One of his sentences went something to the effect of blah, blah blah "wieners consumed by an unknowing pubic" instead of public.
Spell check missed it.
Computer would have too, but it was at the bottom of a page and he didn't feel like retyping the whole page.
We noticed it about 3:00am the morning that the papers were do.
Right about that time that you get all punchy.
We laughed A LOT about that.
Teacher either didn't catch it or didn't comment on it.

Back