EVENT High Frontier 19 - SEP 23-24 - Pawhuska, Oklahoma

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caraviator

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Come and join Tulsa Rocketry in the rolling hills of Osage County at the Pawhuska Municipal Airport in Pawhuska, Oklahoma. This is our 19th year hosting this blockbuster of a launch. Starting September 23th through the 24th, launch times are from 9-5 on both days. With a 17,000 ft. AGL waiver, a Saturday night launch, and many contests.

For more information, go to https://tulsarocketry.org/high-frontier/

Facebook Event:

Background - 1240x682.png

Provided I can get a generator on time for my camper. Where would I get water for my holding tank? The nearest RV dump site I should be able to find online.

A quick update on our waiver... we are approved for 30,000 ft MSL!!!

From our club president:

The FAA has granted us a 30,000 ft MSL waiver which translates into about 29,000 ft above ground level (AGL). We started this process in May and there is an extensive review process within the FAA for any waver 18,000 ft MSL and above. Special thanks to Glen Thomason, our FAA liaison, for helping get this done.

All flights over 21,5000 ft AGL need prefect approval so we can make sure flights do not violate our waiver. In addition to keeping flights under our altitude limit, we also need to keep flights withing the 3 nautical mile cylinder that is part of the waiver which is another reason for the review process for high altitude flights. Flyers should also be aware that there are a couple of major hazards within the recovery area which are a lake to the north and a quarry to the south so please pay attention to wind direction when planning your flights. We are also imposing a 10 degree from vertical limit on angling launch rails and under no circumstances shall rails be pointed to with 5 degrees away from the spectator area.

We're excited about having this higher waiver for the event and look forward to seeing flyers take advantage of it. Hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

Paul

I need some 29mm single use G, H or I. No motor vendor on site? Did the club do a group motor order? Hazmat's $70 now?!?!

Thx, he said no. Mark at the Science Education Center has what I need in stock! Long drive, but isn't everything?

I need some 29mm single use G, H or I. No motor vendor on site? Did the club do a group motor order? Hazmat's $70 now?!?!
I might have something for you in Claremore, anything particular you're trying to find?

I might have something for you in Claremore, anything particular you're trying to find?
Thanks, missed this. Bit the bullet and paid shipping. And then didn't get to launch them Saturday because of winds. Lots of successful LPR flights though, including my 1.6" Phoenix. Also there was a successful L1 cert flight on Sat!

20230925_225019.jpg

Back