Help me remember an old TV show?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Mornin' all-

My Google-fu is coming up empty, does anyone remember a late night series from - I'm pretty sure - the 80's?

It was this weird old host guy doing segments on paranormal and just off the wall but vaguely science-y stuff. His tag line at the end was "It's better than being hit in the belly with a wet fish".

Asking for a friend 😉

Sounds a bit like James Burke, science historian. "Connections" was great.

That would make sense. "Better than being hit in the belly with a wet fish" is a British saying, I believe.

He doesn't say it here, but the clip is rocket related.

No idea what the show is the original poster was asking about. I imagine when timing a narrator to a rocket launch you rehearse the script enough times you know how fast it goes, you have someone on the camera crew listening to or watching the countdown and cueing the action, you hope that there's no countdown hold in the last thirty seconds or so, and if you miss it you reshoot it with different, less cool blocking.

No idea what the show is the original poster was asking about. I imagine when timing a narrator to a rocket launch you rehearse the script enough times you know how fast it goes, you have someone on the camera crew listening to or watching the countdown and cueing the action, you hope that there's no countdown hold in the last thirty seconds or so, and if you miss it you reshoot it with different, less cool blocking.
Ding ding ding! Winner winner......

Back