Happy birthday Hokky!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Hope you have a good day and get lots of books! ;)

Phil

Thanks WiK! No Books yet, but I did get some book tokens, t-shirts, chocolate, wine...

Rather ominously, Mrs Hokky said she didn't get me much because she was "saving up for next year".

I also got a "Happy Birthday" video call from the factory in china that's making our video phones, wich was very nice indeed! First international call we've made with the new phones.

Have one on me Darren you old git ;-)

Many happy returns and all that jazz.

Ben

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
Rather ominously, Mrs Hokky said she didn't get me much because she was "saving up for next year".

Can Mrs Hokky keep the destination a secret though?

Happy birthday!

I expect she's planning some horrible surprise party.

P.S. I do feel a bit of an old git, actually. In the last year:

1) my eldest son left home.
2) I have obtained grey hair.
3) Also acquired the first signs of arthritis.
4) Have discovered that cardigans are a very practical and yet under-rated garment.

2) I have obtained grey hair.
4) Have discovered that cardigans are a very practical and yet under-rated garment.

Happy Birthday 'Young' Darren .....

re above; 2) ... at least you still have hair :(
re above; 4) ... being 15 years older than you, and therefore speaking from experience - I disagree with that comment and find it rather worrying

:eek:

Originally posted by North Star
Happy Birthday 'Young' Darren .....

Thank you!

re above; 2) ... at least you still have hair :(

This year, anyway.

re above; 4) ... being 15 years older than you, and therefore speaking from experience - I disagree with that comment and find it rather worrying

But you see if I wear a jumper and I'm too warm, I take it off, but then I'm too cold, so I put it on, and I'm too warm, so I... You see the problem? But, with a nice cardigan, I can just unzip it or undo a few buttons until I find the right temperature. And the pockets are handy for keeping useful pieces of string in.

..... not to mention the leather reinforcement on the elbows!!! Years more service from the garment!! :D

But you see if I wear a jumper and I'm too warm, I take it off, but then I'm too cold, so I put it on, and I'm too warm, so I... You see the problem? But, with a nice cardigan, I can just unzip it or undo a few buttons until I find the right temperature. And the pockets are handy for keeping useful pieces of string in.

OMG...:eek:

You'll be keeping Werthers originals in the pockets then? and don't forget - if you get cold you can open a bottle of Stones ginger wine - and there's always the Sanatogen.

Originally posted by North Star
OMG...:eek:

You'll be keeping Werthers originals in the pockets then? and don't forget - if you get cold you can open a bottle of Stones ginger wine - and there's always the Sanatogen.

I developed the taste for Green Ginger Wine some years back. It's particularly good when you're coming down with a clode.

Hokky,

I almost missed it!

I think it's about time I open that bottle of mead I picked up in London and toast you!

Originally posted by sandman
Hokky,

I almost missed it!

I think it's about time I open that bottle of mead I picked up in London and toast you!

I think it's about time too!

/me raises his glass to sandman - cheers!

P.S. Many thanks to all who have wished me a happy birthday. Unfortunately it's been a bit of a busy day at work, but we got to the pub at lunchtime, and lots of people have been to see me this evening.

Back