Goodbye 2013

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
And hello 2014! Happy New Year to all, and especially to Peter Olivola, you old rascal! Watch out for those banana peels in 2014. :rofl:

2013...GOOD RIDDANCE!!! May 2014 be prosperous for us all. Happy New Year all you whacked out rocket-o-holics!

Wait-whut?? You mean it's over?? Hell, I was just getting started! To all the sundry folk here that put up with my inane comments- thanks for the safe harbor from the outside world and the wonderful comraderie shared with this great hobby. Kudos to the mods for keeping us on track and to all you sanding dust-eating, smoke makers out there- Happy New Year!

My final stats are in my signature. Certainly my best year in Rocketry ever. More flights and more newton-seconds than ever. My first K motors (though only 1(!) n/s over a full J :p)

2013 was quite a change. I had only just started working at the largest, most profitable online game company in the world (no, really!) back at the start of the year. Now I find myself working for a small start up (dogvacay.com) that makes in a month what Riot Games made in a day. :y:

But it's been a good year. We have our health and are somewhat solvent. And I've launched a lot of rockets, made new rocket friends, and spent time with a shload of amazing TRF'ers (you all know who you are!!).

Damn, it's gonna hurt to reset the stats in my signature (thank you rocketreviews for your site!).

Oh and Troj? Thanks for TRF. I am not sure how rich you are getting off it, but thanks! :wink:

Happy new year!!!!
This, my first year, on TRF was amazing on the rocketry facet (if not others)- from maybe flying a C or D in January to getting my Jr L1, all yous guys on here are awesome!

Last edited:
Happy New Year all!! I'm thankful to have made it all the way to 2014 with a good family, decent health and an overwhelming build pile. Best wishes to all the TRF rocket maniacs!!

I stopped celebrating the New Year because for it's a waste of time. SSDY With everything that's going on in the world there's nothing to celebrate. Sorry for being a buzz kill but it's all BS

I lit off some explosives

[video=youtube;3sEUIrpyBwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sEUIrpyBwY[/video]

just a fireworks fiesta fan cake shot from the side and 10 Excalibur shells. It was cold, but fun.

Last edited:
2013 was definitely a mixed year --- mostly kind of mundane with a lot of disappointing and discouraging current events, but with some great fun highlights for me and my family.

I'm optimistic 2014 can be better.

Happy New Year, everyone! (Except for those who are expecting a crappy new year, in which case, enjoy that instead.)

2013 was my rocket year. I started in rocketry in december of 2012 and I got my L1 in 2013. I launched like crazy. I have no aspirations to go L2, but am going to fly the heck out of 2014. Prob a bunch of G motors with some H sprinkled in.

I stopped celebrating the New Year because for it's a waste of time. SSDY With everything that's going on in the world there's nothing to celebrate. Sorry for being a buzz kill but it's all BS

"Meet the new year... same as the old year..."

Later! OL JR :)

2013 was a nasty year. Nothing really major, but I:

-quit a job of 8 1/2 years, started another, didn't make it past the probation period (drive was brutal. 650 km per week, and a whack of photo radar tickets for boogying to work) and left for another place. More money, but lots of changes. On my last month of probation at place #3. :caffeine:

-Only flew one club launch. Didn't launch a single rocket past March. That sucked. :(

-No money for hobbies, sunk all the cash for a Florida family vacation. Did buy a pair of Booster 55's and Booster 60's from Walmart in Orlando. Nice souvenirs. :)

-Eldest daughter turned 18, and she seems to be losing weight. Sounds great, but she was 110 lbs when she left home and moved in with boyfriend 18 months ago. She may be 100 lbs if I threw a bucket of water on her. Going to have a chat with her. :facepalm:

-The usual car repairs, home repairs, and such. :p

So.....2013 can be a distant memory. I'm looking forward to more burning BP and AP again. Even started a new scratch build.

Last edited:
Back