GoFundMe Has Been Set Up For Ochieng, Son Of Eugene Awimbo (The Kenyan Rocketeer).

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
RocketN00b has set up a GoFundMe for Eugene Awimbo's son, Ochieng. Ochieng is having some serious problems with his chronic tonsillitis. He's been told that they should be removed.

1645508035053.png

"A Facebook friend of mine posted some alarming news a couple of days ago.
Eugene Awimbo, a man in Kenya who I'm connected with because of his rocketry project, has a son, Ochieng, with chronic tonsillitis. Things have gotten really bad with this latest infection, and they have been advised to remove his tonsils and adenoids no later than February 28.
Some of Eugene's FB friends encouraged him to look into crowdfunding, which he has done. The surgery costs $3000. Insurance would cover it, but Eugene has a gap in his insurance until March 9.
I don't know much about life in Kenya, but I must assume that $3000 is kind of a lot of money there. For those of us living in the United States, however, $3000 for a critical surgery is really cheap.
It wouldn't take many of us donating a small amount to get this kid his operation. If my son Simon had a potentially life-threatening infection, I'd do whatever it took to get him help. If I couldn't get him the treatment he needed for want of a few thousand dollars, I'd be absolutely desperate.
Here's the link to the crowdfund. I don't write public posts any more, but I'm making this one public. Feel free to share with your friends, but also *please* consider giving a little bit of money."

Here's what Cmdr. Chris Hadfield has to say about Eugene.

1645508123186.png

Back