• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

G-Wiz MC Computer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
I am selling a G-Wiz MC (Version 1.4) accelerometer based altimeter in used but working condition. The altimeter has flown three times, and I have confirmed that it hooks up to my computer and the sensors are in working order. Included with this altimeter are the original static bag, all jumpers originally sent with the unit, the arming shunt, two 9V battery clips, and the original mounting hardware. I am also including the wire jumper required for single battery operation and the Null Modem for use with the serial cable.

Instructions can be found here: https://www.macmillen.com/rocketry/l3/docs/G-Wiz_MC_Users_Manual_1_1.pdf

These altimeters are very reliable and have some nice features:

"G-Wiz MC, when used with proper pyrotechnic devices, can air-start clusters or perform flawless staging, deploy a drogue or main parachute at apogee, and optionally deploy a main parachute at 400' or 800' feet AGL. Peak barometric pressure altitude is flashed and beeped out at the end of flight.

Post flight data analysis is accomplished with our FlightView software. FlightView is a Java application, which runs on PC and Power Macintosh platforms (possibly others upon request). FlightView retrieves detailed flight data from the MC's NVRAM forsubsequent user analysis. FlightView will display the measured flight acceleration, inertial velocity, barometric altitude, as well as where in time, the various flight events occurred."

Sold

aqPXxTXl.jpg

j8HILAkl.jpg

kn0g8eal.jpg

j8WDrfil.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW- Dan is a standup steely-eyed missle man and this is a killer deal. I already have one, and should buy it as a back up if I ever kill it, but others should have a chance to own a really great accel based unit.
(No-not a paid spokesman... not even a very good actor. Heck-even my dog ignores me most of the time...)

FWIW- Dan is a standup steely-eyed missle man and this is a killer deal. I already have one, and should buy it as a back up if I ever kill it, but others should have a chance to own a really great accel based unit.
(No-not a paid spokesman... not even a very good actor. Heck-even my dog ignores me most of the time...)

Thanks for the kind words! I'd love to see this go to a good home.

Back