Found This In My Mixed Vegetables???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught that when you are going to eat an unknown plant, you need to check it for toxicity with a series of steps that gradually expose you to the questionable item. You do each step and hold the item in place for 15 minutes or so to see if you have any reaction or irritation before moving on to the next step. And if you do have any adverse reaction, you don't go to the next step. Unfortunately, since you have such a small sample, you are going to have to do each step with the same piece. Let us know how it goes:

1. Hold the sample in your armpit.
2. Stick it in your butt.
3. Put it in your mouth and hold it in your cheek.
4. Chew it just a little bit.
5. Eat a small piece and wait.

I'm sure the second (almost said number two) would be the fastest was to absorb the toxins, but it is funnier in this order.

I was never afraid of said offending Plant Matter, simply found it curious that it should end up in my Mixed Vegetables.
I recognize the Fact that the Factories producing these Foods likely use the same Equipment to do various Products, yet I eat plenty of other frozen Vegetables, and have yet to find a Bag of frozen "Whatever that thing was" in the Supermarket.

Since these veggies mostly come from Central and South America, I am guessing it is some kind of moss/fungus/fuzz that was tagging along on the veggies and then attached itself to the packaging equipment where it cultivated until it dislodged into your bag of veggies. Or it is just a piece of celery that made it past quality control during a diced celery bagging run just prior to your frozen veggies run.

Yeah, looks like some mixed in veg. As far as the frog we used to go "Gigging" for them. Sit in a boat at night with a case of beer, shine a flashlight until you saw thier eyes, row up to them and stick them with a spear. Knock them out, cut of the legs. Take the bag of legs home, pull back the skin, spread some salt on them and watch them jump around for a while. Deep fry them, YUMMM. Taste like chicken. To bad now bullfrogs are concidered endangered in NJ. So much for "Gigging" anymore.

Yeah, looks like some mixed in veg. As far as the frog we used to go "Gigging" for them. Sit in a boat at night with a case of beer, shine a flashlight until you saw thier eyes, row up to them and stick them with a spear. Knock them out, cut of the legs. Take the bag of legs home, pull back the skin, spread some salt on them and watch them jump around for a while. Deep fry them, YUMMM. Taste like chicken. To bad now bullfrogs are concidered endangered in NJ. So much for "Gigging" anymore.

Giggin' is still popular and commonplace here in Vermont.

I was never afraid of said offending Plant Matter, simply found it curious that it should end up in my Mixed Vegetables.
I recognize the Fact that the Factories producing these Foods likely use the same Equipment to do various Products, yet I eat plenty of other frozen Vegetables, and have yet to find a Bag of frozen "Whatever that thing was" in the Supermarket.

That's why it's now safer to grow your own . . . you never know what's in the food you buy at the supermarket; and completely forget about fast food:y:

That's why it's now safer to grow your own . . . you never know what's in the food you buy at the supermarket; and completely forget about fast food:y:

Yeah, I know. Last Year my Garden got Blighted and Infested with Horn Worms. That was my fifth Year going "Organic". If I even do a Garden this Year, it is going to be slightly less "Organic".
I have'nt eaten "Fast Food" in Years.

Latest posts

Back